Scheduled reports are delivered (to a set of emails, FTP location, or S3 location) on a specified regular basis (daily, weekly, etc.)
- Scheduling is optional as data can always be downloaded from the Analytics Reports portal.
- Use scheduled reporting to consistently push recurring data reports.
- Apply scheduling to any new or previously created custom report.
- To schedule a Standard Report or a report which you are not the owner of, first Duplicate the report and save it as a custom report with a new name. For more detail, see Duplicate or Copy from a Report.
From the Analytics Reports portal, go to Reports> Manage Reports and locate the required report or search for it by typing the name and pressing enter/return. Highlight the report to select it.
2 Open the Report Designer
Click the hamburger icon and select Edit from the dropdown to open the basic Information tab of Report Designer.
3 Activate Scheduling
Select section 2 Scheduling from the options on the left. Activate the Schedule this report toggle.
4 Define Settings
Use the Settings section to select how often to sent the report and the start and expiration dates.
- Frequency - How often is this report to be sent? Select from Hourly, Weekly (from Monday to Sunday), Daily, Monthly.
- Expiration - The default expiration is 3 months but it may be extended as far out as 6 months. Expiration dates can be revised at any time. Example: A report is scheduled today (Jan 1) and set to expire in 6 months (June 30). On June 29 (or any time before the actual end date) the expiration can be revised up to 6 more months (Dec 29).
5 Define Delivery
Use the Delivery section to define how and where to deliver the report.
- Delivery Type - defines the report format ( CSV, Unix flat file, Excel, PDF, or XML) that is sent to the delivery location.
- Delivery Location - check one or more of the available location options.
- Email - Start typing an email and select the required Portal user from the dropdown or enter it manually. Add or remove email recipients as needed. Note: Portal users are permissions controlled, some may not be visible to you.
- FTP - Enter the standard FTP credentials including the path, username, and password. Only visible to the report creator.
- S3 - Enter the standard S3 credentials including the path, access token, and secret key. Only visible to the report creator.
6 Save or Save and Run
Once all of the elements have been defined save the report using either Save (the report remains in edit mode) or Save & Run to save the report and open the Run Report window.